We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will be able to install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also train users of the system to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT Infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the computer software and hardware and a variety of Internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will possess great troubleshooting abilities, attention to detail, and have the leadership ability to be a Technical Team lead through mentoring and assisting the team where required.
The goal is to Focus on the customer and provide the very best customer service, in an effort to retain and build strong and lasting customer relationships. This means being efficient and highly effective in every aspect of the job to optimize the role of Technology for our clients and ultimately on our business sustainability.
- A minimum daily average of 5 billable hours per working day.
- End user support associated with the capability of application software, peripheral devices, connectivity, and or functionality of operating software and hardware devices
- Hardware and Software installation and system maintenance, by following specific sequences associated with troubleshooting and problem solving application problems as well as new Hardware and Software Installations
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to the specification given my client on any given ticket
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate the new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Continuous improvement – analyse and provide recommendations pertaining to the information systems hardware and software and / or capacities end-user on specific applications
- Administration activities associated with this position – Maintain records / logs of repairs and fixes. Updating tickets and keeping the customer informed.
- Focus on the customer and providing the very best customer service, in an effort to retain and build strong and lasting customer relationships
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification in a relevant field
- Certification as an IT Technician will be advantageous (eg: Microsoft certified Professional)
- Previous Technical Team lead experience would be advantageous